Accounting, Tax & Audit Services
Audit & Assurance
Plus 1 Group Accountants is ideally placed as the right size firm, with right people, to provide audit and assurance services at the right price for your organisation.
We understand that you need an adviser you can trust to help improve your business while meeting statutory responsibilities. We've seen the best and worst of practices and know how to keep your business on track. Our approach is not just about performing compliance reviews. It's about embracing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve your risk management, control and governance processes.
Plus 1 Group adopts a cost-benefit approach to its audit and assurance services to ensure that the management report covers the areas of interest to assist with forward planning and decision making. Plus 1 Group Accountants audit and assurance services include recommendations that translate audit findings into areas of action to improve overall business performance.
Our audit and assurance specialists have a proven record in helping our clients improve their businesses. Plus they help you respond to the increasing demands for more transparency and improved reporting.
The GST system is a complex and confusing one. Consequently Plus 1 Group ensures our team remains up to date with any changes, enabling us to offer you accurate advice.
Every transaction now has an associated GST issue. We are experienced in these issues and can provide a range of client-specific services including specialised advice to help clients understand the complexities of GST. The types of services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Private Ruling Requests from the ATO to confirm GST treatment
- Special treatment of GST for Developers, in particular the use of the Margin Scheme
- Practical and clear recommendations to resolve specific GST issues
- Advice on registering for GST
- De-registering or ceasing business
- Preparing and adjusting GST returns
- ATO audit assistance
- Entities that are running an enterprise with an annual turnover of $75,000 or more, or $150,000 or more for non-profit organisations, must register for GST.
- Entities that are below these thresholds can also register for GST, however if they do the registration must continue for a period of 12 months.
- If you are not registered for GST, you cannot include GST on anything that you sell or provide, in the ordinary course of business. Nor are you able to claim any GST credits back that you may have paid for goods and services used in your business.
- The reporting period for GST can be quarterly (30 September, 31 December, 31 March and 30 June) or monthly (with the periods ending on the last day of each calendar month).
- Entities with an annual turnover of greater than $20 million are required to lodge their activity statements on a monthly basis.
- For entities with turnover of less than $20 million, generally have quarterly reporting periods, however can elect to have monthly reporting
For more information please visit the GST guide for small business or give one of our friendly staff a call today.
At Plus 1 Group we offer a full range of taxation services. We are a CPA accredited firm and we offer advice based on proven knowledge and experience. Our proactive approach ensures we deliver consistent service and build solid relationships that stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing activity statements and advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any ATO audits or disputes