CHANGES TO XERO SUPER FUND DETAILS
As some of you may be aware, a few of our clients on Xero have recently had their super batches fail. The reason for this is that on July 22, 2017 MLC have changed the USI and Fund name on many of their products. A full list of transitioning funds is attached. To see which employees this affects you can run a Superannuation Accruals Report which is under the Reports tab>Payroll.
Once the affected employees have been identified, you will need to do the following:
- Add the new Super Fund under the Settings tab>Payroll Settings>Superannuation>Add Superannuation Fund
- Go to each affected employee under the Payroll Tab>Employees>select the employee>Employment>then click on the existing superfund and then select the new fund from the drop down menu so that it replaces the new fund over the top of the old fund>OK>Save.
- Once this is done for all affected employees, you will be able to redo the super batch for payment.
XERO SUPER UPDATE
There is also an update to the Super stream system that needs to be done by August 28 for all those clients that have Auto super set up in Xero. This update will make it easier to manage, track and pay super contributions. To do this update:
- Payroll Tab>Superannuation>Update Registration>Get Started>
- Ensure all details are correct on each section, then you will need to view each PDF and then tick the box to accept the terms and conditions.
- Register. The authorised person will then receive an email to certify that registration is complete.
For further information, view the MLC fact sheet here